When we enter the kitchen, some of us want to enjoy the fact of cooking for our loved ones, others, on the contrary, just want the work to be finished as soon as possible.
What is the best professional kitchen knife?
I would place myself among the first, but I also understand that not everyone shares my love for cooking. In both cases, the work can be greatly facilitated when you have the right tools.
That is an irrefutable truth that appears everywhere.
On this occasion, I have gathered a series of opinions that are very useful to be able to discern which are the best Large Chopper knife.
First of all, I hope it can be of use and that it can save you headaches or inconvenience.
The list has been carefully compiled, carefully weighing the benefits and features of each product.
Tips for choosing a good kitchen knife
To know which Large Chopper Knife you should buy, you must take into account some recommendations, such as the different models and characteristics of each one:
- Types : When deciding which professional knife to buy you should be clear about the use that you will give it? Well, there is a variety of models for all kinds of situations , in the market you can find very complete packs that include the kitchen knife, for filleting, bread, multipurpose, peeling, meat among others.
- Manufacturing materials: A key point if you do not know how to choose your professional knife is that whether you are a cook or an amateur, pay attention to the materials with which these elements are made.
- They can be made of stainless steel, carbon steel, high carbon stainless steel or ceramic, the important thing is that it gives you the comfort and security of having perfect cuts at all times.
- Handles: The most common are usually made of wood, rubberized, metal, plastic, polyoxymethylene or any material that is strong and comfortable enough.
- On the other hand, we always recommend a model that feels good in your hand, in this way you will work comfortably for long periods of time.
- Length: There are endless measures for this type of product as well as thicknesses . Those with an approximate 10 cm are used to cut, peel and to work in more detail.
- Those of 20 to 25 cm are used to chop and cut almost everything, depending on the use that you will give it, choose the one indicated for you.
- Weight: Some users argue that the less weight the knife has, the easier it will be to maneuver, on the contrary, others say that there must be a perfect balance between weight and ergonomics. The final decision will depend on your tastes.
How much money should I spend on my chef’s knife?
This product is usually manufactured by a lot of brands, that is why the prices of kitchen knives can vary depending on the manufacturer; the quality of its materials, and the useful life that it can provide you
- Cheaper professional chef knives (less than $70) – knives Here you can find an immense variety of models available, some are better than others but you should know that they are not usually the best knives on the market, keep in mind that construction materials do not they are usually the highest quality.
- Better quality professional chef knives (more than $70) – It is possible that above this price you will get the best Large Chopper Knife because they are of higher quality and are manufactured by recognized brands.
- If your budget allows it, do not hesitate to acquire models that are a little more expensive but that are durable.
Professional kitchen knives
1.kitchen knife Allezola Professional Chef Knife
Allezola is one of the most advanced and professional kitchen knives you can find on the market. This chef’s knife is strong and durable, with high quality, and made of materials that make it a first-rate utensil.
Its stainless steel blade is the best guarantee that your investment in this knife will last and will pay off.
It is designed for professionals, you will be able to notice it from the moment you start using it.
In addition, it is a multipurpose tool that can perform a myriad of different tasks: it will help you cut, slice, and chop almost any food.
With it, you will reduce the number of tools you need in your kitchen, which also serves to save space.
It has a balanced weight and size, which helps its users to function more comfortably. Also, its ergonomics reduces the chances that you will experience cramps and pain after long hours of using it.
All of us who have cooked for a long period of time are going to appreciate this quality, as it comes to provide us with great relief.
The only negative point that I have been able to find is the difficulty involved in cleaning the knife correctly. This problem is caused by the very arrangement of the parts of the utensil, which prevents easy and complete access.
However, with the necessary patience, this can be solved, using other methods to clean the knife and leave it gleaming.
Finally, If you want to perform culinary tasks with great ease, it is advisable to use the best technology in this area. This option brings it to you, hand in hand with the quality that kitchen professionals require and demand.
In addition, the investment you make will be economized to the maximum, since in a single utensil you will be able to concentrate the usefulness of several, and you will have high durability thanks to its materials.
2. Zwilling J.A. Henckels Professional S, Chef Knife, Kitchen Knife, German Knife
This is one of the most comprehensive and top-rated professional knife set on the market. It is a set of 3 knives that provide very high quality.
These 3 utensils can be used to cut, slice, chop and slice fruits. With this product you will be able to extrapolate the specialization that is in the restaurants to your own home, using each one for specific tasks.
It has an ice-hardened blade , in which the FRIODUR technique was applied to achieve greater durability and resistance to corrosion.
That same blade is made of stainless steel to provide greater strength and a remarkable edge. It also has a quality ergonomic design , especially when you want to avoid the fatigue that occurs with hours in the kitchen.
The knives in this set have specific characteristics depending on the task they are going to accomplish. The first is a large, heavy, broad-bladed chef’s knife. Then there’s the sturdy fillet knife and the little lace trim.
This growing specialization brings a touch of professionalism to any home kitchen, allowing even the least skilled in the culinary arts to become familiar with the routines and ways of a professional chef.
All knives in the set feature a smooth transition from handle to blade, making them pleasant to hold. The traditional plastic handle with the presence of the usual three rivets has a special head so that the fingers do not slip.
This adds greater security, something that our hands and fingers will greatly appreciate.
The negative point that I have been able to find is that it is focused on the smallest of the knives in the set. This particular knife can be very delicate and sensitive to falls and similar accidents.
However, to remedy it would only be essential to be attentive enough when it is being used.
Finally, If you want to have a set of professional knives, this product is for you. When using it, you will feel the comfort provided by its finish and you will enjoy the security provided by its special head.
You will no longer have to deal with those uncomfortable cuts that make your hands ugly. On the other hand, with the division of the tasks that each knife in the set must fulfill, it is easier for several people to collaborate in the kitchen. With these, the door is opened to meals prepared as a family.
3. Kitchen Knife Set Professional
One of the most resistant professional products with greater diversity in its composition. It is a set that has 22 different pieces, all made of stainless steel.
This huge number of pieces allows for the greatest specialization, in addition to having the quality of allowing several members of the family to dedicate themselves to preparing food.
The knives are arranged in a briefcase so that they do not get lost and do not create any type of disorder.
It has a high technology that allows them to maintain the edge for a long time. They are resistant to shocks and accidents since the materials are not flimsy or noticeably altered after a fall.
On the other hand, the presentation of the product is elegant and shows a style that characterizes it. For all this, we can place this set among the best professional kitchen knives.
The negative point that I have been able to find is that inside the briefcase the knives can be loosened or come loose beforehand. This deteriorates the organization. Perhaps this problem can be solved quickly by relocating the knives.
Finally, If you want to have a being of knives that allows you to use it as an ornamental element, this is the right team for you. With these 22 pieces, you can exponentially increase your furniture, something that visually stands out in every kitchen.
In the same way, it continues to provide you with an experience close to the professional, with an impeccable cut that stands out for its ease.
4. Knife Set with Block
It is one of the best kitchen knives on the market. It Includes 11 Room s knives designed stainless steel high quality, which can resist stains, rust and even provide a good defense against bacteria.
The different sizes of each of the knives guarantee that each one will be used to undertake a different undertaking within the kitchen, which is why this set provides the essential equipment to attend to household chores.
They feature always-ready-to-use, high-precision sharpening that requires minimal effort to cut.
Another attraction is its smart design that provides ergonomics by preventing fatigue from appearing. This ergonomics also extends to the handle, giving it the ability to fit neatly in the hand and thus ensure comfort when cutting, slicing, or chopping.
Finally, these knives are designed in one piece, which makes them resistant to accidents and very easy to clean.
The negative point that I have been able to find is that when using them I noticed that the steel needs special care to stay sharp. This is noticeable after a period of continuous use.
However, this defect is covered by the same set, which provides you with a very useful stainless steel sharpener to solve this small inconvenience.
Finally, If what you want is an easy-to-clean and durable knife, this is the best product for you to buy.
With the ergonomics of its design you will not have problems cooking, nor will you get pain in the wrist or the discomfort of the work.
This knife will make even the least passionate about gastronomy stretch out and start working on housework.
5. Cangshan Z Series Knife Block Set
It is another product presented by the Cangshan brand, one of the best brands of knives today. Therefore, all the pieces that this set contains have a fairly high guarantee of durability and technology that is put at the service of people who cook.
For all these qualities, the set that I present here deserves to be considered one of the best kitchen knife on the market.
It has a 2-year warranty. In addition, the knives are made of a single, solid, and accident-resistant piece. Thanks to that, security will become easier, and you do not have to worry about the accumulation of dirt or pathogens.
All knives in the set have a blade of resistant German steel, sharp and strong against corrosion.
In addition, the oak wood support provides the ideal space to safely store the knives, and it also has good attributes as a decorative element.
The negative point that I have been able to find appears when the knife has been stored without proper care and is the appearance of rust on the blade. This could be avoided if the utensil is placed on its holder after it has been thoroughly dried.
Finally, Thanks to the oak wood support, this set was a problem for us, so I recommend these knives to those who are obsessed with everything fitting in the right place. In addition, being resistant to accidents, the less skilled will be able to save headaches or worries.
6. SHAN ZU Chef Knife
One of the best knives made of Damascus steel. Like the rest of the SHAN ZU brand products, it has the quality of adapting to the requirements of most customers and is easy to use.
With it you can enjoy the cooking experience again, without worrying too much about other factors.
It features a mirror jet blade, ensuring a superior edge. Its cutting edge is also strong and can provide sharpness and precision four times that of a conventional steel knife.
It is not easy for the blade to be affected by rust or corrosion since the materials are of the best quality. It also has the characteristic of being multifunctional, serving different foods.
The negative point that I have been able to find is that it does not have any technology that protects the user from being injured, so I do not recommend that people who do not cook regularly buy or handle it. However, when it comes to skilled people, the issue goes virtually unnoticed.
Finally, If what you want is an instrument that adapts to the different needs that arise in the heat of a kitchen, this product is the one. With it you will obtain a good balance between the resistance of a good edge and the resistance of materials of the highest category and without parallel in the market.
7. Kitchen Knife Set 19-Piece Knife Block Set
A product that stands out among its class. This product combines elements of Asian gastronomy and introduces them into our western kitchens.
In this way, the characteristics that are positively valued by Asian chefs have a place for us to appreciate them in their proper degree. The result of such cultural syncretism is a perfect knife for all types of homes.
It features a mirror-blasted blade, giving it a cutting edge that is vastly superior to a common steel knife. This edge guarantees a fast and precise cut, with the least possible effort.
The materials are not easy to rust either, so they can remain unscathed for a long time. Its design also provides it with high resistance against accidents or impacts derived from an unexpected fall, and it is also multifunctional.
The negative point that I have been able to find with this knife was its dangerous edge, so I advise against using it if you do not have the necessary dexterity. Beyond that, it is a perfect knife for many tasks.
Finally, This product can provide you with excellent performance in the kitchen, since they have an optimal performance in all areas. Plus, its eye-catching design will add some flair to your cookware set.
8. Shun Classic 8” Chef’s Knife
An imposing design, sober and with a marked Japanese style, this knife is the delight of all lovers of Japanese cuisine, it is one of the best quality products on the market, its blades cut precisely and it is normal since We are talking about one of the best-valued cuisines in the world, they must use good utensils to get the best flavors.
The negative point that I have been able to find with these knives is that their ceramic blades are delicate and can break if the proper precautions are not taken. It is a matter of avoiding falls and being attentive to possible signs of wear.
If you are concerned about germs and gastrointestinal diseases, this knife is perfect for you. Its ceramic surface ensures that pathogens are repelled and cannot enter your food.
Then there is the lightness of the material, which allows you to manipulate the knife with greater speed and dexterity.
9. Victorinox 45520 Fibrox Pro Knife
One of the best-positioned knife sets of its kind. It is made up of 4 different pieces, all of the highest quality and with characteristics that make them indispensable for a modern kitchen.
It has the advantage of being rust-proof, as ceramic knives do. The blades are designed in high-quality zirconia, which makes them very durable and gives them a multi-functionality that is well valued.
It also has an ergonomic and lightweight design that will allow everyone in the house to use it without problems. Its but is half the weight of similar metal knives.
The negative point that I have been able to find is that they cannot be sharpened, so their wear becomes permanent over the years. However, users agree that the original sharpening is very durable.
Finally, This set of ceramic knives will allow you to move with more dexterity while preparing meals, as it is very light and adapts to the user easily.
It is also multifunctional, which means that with this set you can perform a large number of tasks.
10. DALSTRONG Steak Knives
This multi-functional Japanese knife is perfect for slicing and chopping meat, fish, ham, and vegetables. With this utensil, you can have the ease and elegance of an Asian chef, just as if you were traveling to the exotic confines of the Orient.
The blade of this knife is ultra-sharp, being able to cut all kinds of food like butter. It also has an ergonomic handle that fits easily in the hand of the person using it.
In addition, the blade and the handle were forged in an integrated way, which guarantees a high resistance against accidents and an easier cleaning of the knife.
The negative point that I have been able to find is that some foods tend to stick to the sheet when they are being sliced. This represents a small waste of time, but it is not such an important detail either.
With this knife, the user will be able to enjoy one of the sharpest cutting utensils on the market.
The fact that its handle is integrated provides greater security and provides an ease of grip that is very noticeable.
Buying guide for the best professional knife sets
Knives have a series of characteristics that can help us to discern which is the quality of the one we are selecting and how well it conforms to what we were initially looking for.
How is the edge of the knife? Serrated or smooth?
Knives can have a blade with a smooth or a serrated edge. Usually, the smooth edge allows greater control and precision in cutting food, so it continues to be a favorite in the kitchen. In contrast, the serrated edge provides greater strength but is not very common among cooking knives.
Handling and weight
Handling and weight are other qualities to study before selecting a knife. The lighter the utensil, the greater possibilities we will have to control it easily and to cope with agility in the kitchen. A lightweight knife makes it easy for everyone to use, regardless of their cooking skills.
The leaves can vary depending on what they are needed for. Thicker blades are usually used in the knives with which the meat is going to be filleted. The opposite happens with the knives used to peel some fruit, which must have a blade of more moderate proportions.
When the knife has an ergonomic handle it is a relief for people who work in the kitchen for long hours. With this technology, the instrument conforms to the hand more easily, providing comfort and avoiding cramps due to constant use. This quality is used and appreciated by all manufacturers of kitchen knives.
Best brands of professional kitchen knife
If you are looking for information on the best brands, look no further, here are the best by far:
- Shan Zu – Japanese brand specialized in the manufacture of knives, they are characterized by being knives of easy maintenance, resistant to corrosion and rust.
- This brand is ideal for chefs who require a partner who is capable of accompanying them through long and demanding days. The best quality-price chef’s knife is found in this brand.
- Arcos – Spanish multinational with a long history in the market, in its catalog they have everything you need to equip your kitchen, pots, knives, accessories, cutlery.
- Quality, innovation and durability are its standard, that is why you can find models of the top kitchen knives in this brand.
- Zwilling – German brand founded in 1731, thanks to its longevity it has a great repair. They have in their sales catalog from tableware and glassware, kitchen utensils, beauty accessories, cutlery and knives.
- The opinions about their products place them as one of the best brands thanks to the fact that they have quality and innovation in the manufacture of their products.
Where can you buy a chef’s knife?
If you have no idea where to buy your product, don’t worry, we have compiled the ones that for us are the best online stores, where you can find the most recommended kitchen knives.
- Professional chef knives from Amazon- This online store is the best if you are still not sure which model is the one that suits your needs.
- Thanks to the variety of brands and models it is possible that you make your own comparison of kitchen knives in this way you make sure you choose the ideal one for you.
- El Corte Ingles kitchen knife – Another store where you find a good variety of products at your disposal due to the fact that it has several sales departments.
- If you are looking for models that are in the ranking of professional chef knives in this store you can find them thanks to the fact that they have models from the best brands.
- Carrefour professional kitchen knife – Finally we mention a store in which they usually have very good offers, in it you find everything from food products, appliances to mobile phones.
- They have availability for this type of product although you should know that the variety of models is not the widest.
Advantages of using a chef’s knife, what are its strengths?
With the purchase of this product, forget about the bad times when cooking, below we mention the advantages of having this element in your kitchen
- You will be able to make precise cuts quickly.
- They are durable.
- There is a wide variety of models on the market, finding the ideal one for you will not be difficult.
- Forget about crying while chopping onion, this happens when the knife is of poor quality and is dull.
- By cooking at home you get all the nutrients from food .
What are the advantages of using a knife? Its advantages are:
Materials of kitchen knife blades
Before acquiring a kitchen knife it is good that you know the difference between the most common materials in which the blades of said utensils are made.
- Stainless steel: stainless steel is a type of steel with high resistance to corrosion.
- Carbon steel : this type of steel can rust when exposed to certain weather conditions.
- High carbon stainless steel : this type of steel stands out for its high durability, its resistance to rust and its strength.
- Alloy Steel Stainless Steel – These materials are also well known and reputed for their strength and ability to withstand time.
- Ceramic: knives designed in this material can maintain their sharpness for a much longer time, since they are immune to most of the corrosive agents that attack steel.
What is a kitchen knife?
Basically, it is any blade of a resistant material with a considerable edge on one or both sides, with or without a handle and that can be used to cut different elements and that come with other accessories such as a knife holder bag, a case to store/transport them or a magnet for a knife set.
It has existed since ancient times, before Homo Sapiens. Of all the cutlery, it is the first to appear in modern cutlery from the Middle Ages, followed by the spoon and finally the fork.
As a result of the revolutions in the field of metallurgy over time, the knife of about five thousand years was “evolving” here, making these tools more refined, such as blades made of metallic materials, such as copper, bronze, iron, and finally steel in the seventeenth century.
This seemingly so common element in our homes, workshops, other places have traversed a whole path, but it has its history and continues to change.
Where to buy professional kitchen knives?
When it comes to good-quality knives, the best place to buy them is Amazon.com without a second thought.
In fact, see our comparison, and all our recommendations are from that wonderful online store that came to make our lives easier.
There you can find offers, you will find recommendations and the most valued ones according to the opinions of the clients, in the same way, you can consult to buy them at the place where you will also find from sets of simple kitchen knives to professional knives … a bit of everything.
Take a tour of these online stores to delight yourself with those beauties.
Kitchen knives, their names and what each one is for
This is important because many people do not pay due attention to it and use any knife to cut anything (they are not blamed either, since not everyone is explained from a young age or in our growth what is the proper use of the set of knives), no, you must use the correct knife for each occasion (okay, if you have the complete cutlery), that is, one of bread to cut bread, the one of meat to cut meat and so on for the same wave.
In our previous section, we talked about some kitchen knives and their uses (onion, lace, and fillet) that appear in our recommendations, but here we will see a little more about them and others to learn more about them:
Paring knife or lace
It usually has a blade of about 9 to 10 centimeters and with a very sharp point. It is perfect for peeling vegetables or fruits or any small cut you want to make; keep it away from children to avoid accidents.
Chef’s or chef’s knife
Also known as chef’s knives. Its blade is usually a little wider from about 8 inches to 12 inches, which is when you have pieces of meat or fish larger than what they usually cut. It is very versatile, you can chop vegetables, greens, meat, and fish.
With its own curved and thin blade to remove the bones in a piece of meat, such as a chicken or other meat that you want to bone; a certain force is required to be able to put the knife to good use on the piece and not mistreat it by making accurate cuts.
Fillet or fillet knife
If you want a long blade knife to make fine and very clean cuts, this is the one for your meat and fish, very flexible; It is ideal for preparing well filleted salmon carpaccio dishes and all the entrees you want. You can also use the carpaccio or salmon knife , special for this.
Ham knife or ham knife
It is ideal for cutting ham or large pieces of meat. If you want a perfect cut or slicing, go buying a ham knife so that you have precise cuts; ideal for your breakfasts, hors d’oeuvres or when you want to taste a good piece of ham.
Bread knife or serrated knife
With an elongated and strong blade, but unlike the previous ones, it has a serrated edge (small serrated knives are used to cut tomatoes) to cut the crust of the bread without problems. It could be said that the kitchen knife for butter derives from this knife , which is precisely used to take butter (or other creams, such as cream cheese, etc.) and spread.
The Japanese version of the chef’s knife used in the West, the shape of its blade has a flat base, a rounded tip and a length of between 12 centimeters and 20 centimeters. It is a very versatile knife, because you can cut, chop or slice both vegetables and fruits, meat or fish, whatever you want.
Other knives and their uses
- Vegetable knife. It is small with a strong blade and a very smooth edge. It is used exclusively to cut and peel vegetables and fruits.
- Steak knife. Thin but very strong blade. Also used exclusively to cut steaks, chops and roast meats.
- Ax-type kitchen knife. To break the bones of meats more easily.
- Cheese or hole knife. Only to cut soft or soft cheeses and thus prevent them from sticking to the blade.
- Carving knife. Used in combination with the carving fork for clean and efficient carving and cutting of meat.
Each and every one of them can also be bought second hand.
More about kitchen knife sets
You already know the names used in the kitchen and what each one is for, then you have to know the other variants with which some of them are known according to the material and forms of which they are made or the story they tell.
Antique kitchen knives
There are specimens up to 2 and a half million years old, a long time. They were forged by hand from the stone to give it the characteristic figure of the knife; It was made with obsidian stone and other materials such as wood, bone and other materials that could perish over time.
Set of handmade knives
Those made by hand, forged without the need for molds. They are usually very expensive, but it applies more to people who are collectors and appreciate art; can be customized.
Professional kitchen knives for children
Because they also like to cook, to show a button the cooking contests where children participate are a living example of that.
They must be exclusive for children because those in common use (for adults) are usually very dangerous for them.
Knives for children must have the following characteristics: rounded tip, handle according to the size of children’s hands, non-slip materials and an optimal sharpening to facilitate the cutting of food.
Left Handed Knife Set
They do exist, and practically its functionality is that its edge is on the right side, compensating for the movement every time it goes to cut. It works perfectly and even a right-hander can use it, but taking care of cutting himself.
Good knives for beginners
This applies to people who are going to study cooking and want to learn to cook or use knives. Well, for that there are knives for beginners, they are: lace, onion and saw.
They are all considered as professional or gourmet kitchen knives and can be of any type that we mention in all our articles, only with the difference that the quality and finish of the cut will be different.
Titanium Chef Knives
They do not stick to the magnet and have the following advantages: corrosion-resistant, 100% stainless, wear-resistant, longer cut durability, ultralight, flexible, unbreakable, antibacterial and is not allergic.
What set of professional knives to buy?
That will depend on what you want to use them for exactly, what use you are going to give it, how it has the handle, etc., if it is for simple kitchen things, well you have the option of buying a simple game or another with all the toys and so on. successively.
The important thing is that it has a good handle and a good blade, without that, you will only buy a toy or ornament knife; As tips to give you an idea, the knives that maintain their edge for the longest time are those of steel and carbon.
If you want something more professional you can find one that comes with a kitchen knife holder sleeve. Check our comparison to see which good knife you like the most or suits your needs, according to our shopping guide.
How to sharpen my set of knives?
Each person who really values each item or device that they have at home will take good care of it, especially if it is the fruit of their effort and work, cutlery is no exception. In this case, the kitchen knife sets require a constant edge or sharpening them every so often so that you can have a better experience when using it accordingly.
There are many ways to sharpen knives, there is the stone that the sets bring exclusively for that (sharpening), sharpening.
You can use a large stone of those that tend to be in kitchens, an endogenous solution since it does not have a sharpener (replacing diamond stones), you pass the knife through the coarsest area, and voila,
you already have your sharp knife so that comfortably cut your meals, plus it is safer because it requires less effort when cutting.
It is not necessary to change a set of kitchen knives so often, therefore, here we give you some alternatives to sharpen your knives if you do not have any of the above options. They are as follows:
• Use a ceramic mug. With a 20 ° angle, place the knife at the base of the cup (turned over) or the bottom edge and begin to sharpen both sides of the knife.
• Join knife to knife. There are people who are afraid to do it, but for those who consider this viable option, they can give it a try. Join the blade of one of the knives against the other and now, on both sides.
• Use a glass bottle. Although it sounds strange, yes, use the nozzle of a bottle to sharpen the knife.
• Use the corner of a rustic wall. It is as if you were doing it with the “endogenous” stone that I mentioned above, a very practical solution.
How do I keep my kitchen knives from dulling so quickly?
We must treat our kitchen utensils with care, so that the edge on the knife lasts and you do not have to sharpen it for a long time, follow these tips:
1. Do not cut on hard surfaces. You can nick or damage the knife.
2. Don’t put too much lateral pressure on the knife. This dulls faster.
3. When cutting any fruit or acidic food, clean the knife very well after use. You can corrode the material of the knife.
4. Save them separately. Contact with other knives tends to nick them, hitting each other (that’s why in sets, they are separated).
How to keep chef knives clean?
Follow this simple recommendation and you will see that your knives apart from being clean, will last much longer for use.
• Use a neutral or slightly alkaline detergent, avoid products that have chlorine because you can damage the steel by removing the natural shine of the knife.
• Do not use abrasive, metallic, or synthetic cleaners.
• It is better that you wash them by hand and dries them, then store them because it is not recommended that they remain in the dishwasher for a long time exposed to hot water, if you use cold water, in the same way, it is recommended that you use it, wash, dry them with a cloth absorbent and put away at once.
• Place them face down in the dishwasher.
Knife set repair
I suppose you have wondered what to do with that knife that you like so much, but that is as old or worn (this time we are not referring to a knife that has a lack of edge, but when you see that it has no remedy).
Since you have identified the “ugly” knives, begin to remove the rust to restore the blade, the handle, and, well, now, sharpen again.
The rust can be removed with hot water and citric acid by immersing the blade (this time you can use strong sponges), the handle can be changed (if it is made of wood better, with steel wool and as a final touch a little linseed oil ) and if you see that the blade still works, restore it with rough stones and you can have a like-new knife to later sharpen (do not abuse, after so many restorations you will have no choice but to buy a new one because it will lose the edge of a knife as such).
Ready, you already have your knife like new to use it again. Super easy and simple to do at home (using tape on the edge to avoid cutting yourself), if you are afraid, there are people who specialize in this who can help you.
Permits to carry professional kitchen knives?
In addition to having the precautions not to cut yourself, to have good handling, it is necessary to have knowledge about whether or not there is permission, rules, norms, everything you need to know if you are going to carry knives with you, kitchen or not, considered knives.
Many people have this question, it is difficult to answer, but in some examples, we can have the answer; It depends where you go if you are traveling by plane you cannot carry knives in your handbag.
You must place it in the suitcase as checked in to avoid unnecessary problems. On the contrary, you go on public transport, since you study in a cooking school and want to bring your own tools, there it is a bit difficult, you could always carry bills for the knives and even a letter from the institute that validates/accredits possession of them, as a defense.