Many wonder how an electric stove is usually, and what are its ways of operating. Well, I want to tell you that you are in luck because I am telling you about it right here.
What is an electric stove?
There are both “induction” and “glass ceramics” and have a number of advantages over gas. One of them is safety, in addition to saving fuel in a kitchen. It is better if the pans are made of copper, glass and aluminum.
In the case of induction cookers, only certain pots and pans work with them. Use a type of “magnet” to test them, it will help you determine if they are suitable or not. For this reason, you should check that if a “magnet” adheres or not to the bottom of both utensils. That will give us a signal that they will work properly.
Types of cooktop.
1. Gas stove
Gas cookers are the traditional ones, one could say.
The most popular kitchen models are usually 4 burners, of different intensity for each one. There is a gas stove that can be combined with electric burners. These can be 1, 2, 3, burners, plus an electric hob.
This kitchen is usually composed of grills, which are usually cast iron and a stainless steel base, which have a glass base.
In how much its operation is very simple since only many models come with an electric ignition button, and a safety valve that closes the passage of gas if
Advantages and disadvantages
- Advantages: These gas cookers are very economical and allow cooking in any type of container.
- Disadvantages: In cleaning, it is heavier than other types of models to change the gas cylinder and the periodic inspections that must be passed.
2. Electric kitchens
It is made up of cast iron plates, inside it carries an electrical resistance, of different sizes and power. This kitchen is usually not expensive, but we must bear in mind that its consumption, being electrical, can be very high.
Its biggest drawbacks are that the plates take a long time to heat up, or cool down. They do not have a pilot in which it warns you of the temperature it is carrying, and its low energy efficiency.
3. Glass ceramic hobs
I would say that today they are the ones that we normally have in our homes and the most demanded.They are composed of a mixed iron material, with components similar to glass, in which it is capable of perceiving high temperatures.
Which work by means of an electrical resistance, in which the chosen bulb heats up and distributes the heat instantly.
- They have a few pilots, residual heat indicators with which energy can be used and saved.
- You can heat all kinds of containers in it since there is no problem.
- They are very easy when it comes to cleaning the plate.
- Very resistant to shocks, and different temperatures.
- They heat something slow.
Like glass-ceramics, it has a ceramic glass surface, but they heat twice as fast as the heat is generated by magnetic waves.
It recognizes the size of the container, in which it supplies the right energy. They have sensors that disconnect the board in case of overheating.
Product available on Amazon.com
They are those kitchens in which we can combine different types of plates.
Between stoves: Gas cooker vs vitroceramic and induction plates
If we talk about price , gas once again rises to the top of the podium, being this type of kitchens with “lifelong” stoves the most economical option. Induction hobs would follow, if we talk about consumer spending , which heat twice as fast as glass-ceramic, which is quite noticeable in the electricity bill if we compare them.
The appearance of these two “first cousins” is almost identical, but in addition to the fact that they need different times to heat up, what one lacks in the other: that is, the “vitro” is cheaper at the time of purchase, but When it comes to measuring consumption, it is more expensive because it needs more electrical energy to function while getting an induction hob means a greater outlay but the consumption is cheaper than in the case of the first.
As for other characteristics, one of the ones that most differentiates these three types of kitchens is the issue of cleanliness. A dirty gas stove is one of the worst nightmares we can imagine in a kitchen, while both “vitro” and induction hobs are easily cleaned with just a damp cloth and a specific product applied from time to time.
When it comes to safety and maintenance, the “sister cousins” also win. Gas cookers need periodic reviews, since it is necessary to control the possible leaks that may occur, something that does not happen with glass-ceramics and hobs, since when they work with electricity they are much safer and only need revision in the event of a crack. on the glass or small accidents of that style.
Well, at this point, you may wonder … Which one do I decide for? As you have seen, not everything is black or white, so our advice is that you choose based on things such as how many people live at home (consumption, cleaning, etc.), how big the rooms are (in terms of heating), your way of consuming and that kind of thing. Or if not, make a list of the pros and cons that we have given you and may the best man win!
Why did the electric stove break?
These plates are much more secure. Compared to gas – there is no open flame, but with careless use it is possible to receive an electric shock. The products are very reliable, but sometimes users call the service center to report: the electric stove has broken. Of course, the review of such household appliances with increased danger should be a qualified master . But in some cases, you can cope with their needs, you just need to know what is the cause of the malfunction and also have a general idea of How does an electric stove work? .
Very often there are such characteristic violations in the stable operation of the product:
- the hob and / or oven do not heat;
- LEDs are off;
- one of the stoves heats up badly;
- Does not turn on the lights in the oven.
The causes of such violations are many, one of them: automatic protection triggered overload in case of a sudden increase in voltage in the urban electrical network. If the machine does not work and the electric stove shows no signs of life, a diagnosis should be made.
- First you must check the presence of voltage in the network. – The power supply may be turned off throughout the house. If everything is fine, then check the automatic protection on your electrical panel, carefully examine the terminals and find the place where it burns, then disassemble the socket for a similar inspection. If everything works on the panel and there is no voltage at the output, call the master.
- There are options when everything works fine, but there is no current at the input terminals of the board. The reason is the connection cable of the product, there may be a broken cable or the contact of its clamp is loose, so the plate does not turn on.
In the third option, you can remove the defect yourself, you need to disassemble the plug and tighten the screws that hold the wire, or reconnect, cut the wire, remove the braid, clean the wires and connect them to the contact point.
The product does not turn on
Why the indicators do not work on the stove, there is no heating of the burner, no reaction to the change of mode the reason lies in no current supply to the product. To locate slab faults, it is necessary to do everything in stages:
- we check the voltage in the socket with a multimeter, if not, we turn off the home network, disassemble and repair the detected wire break;
- if everything works in the socket, we disassemble the plug and do the same check;
- then check the power cable connection plate – There may have been an internal break in the core, which should be replaced;
The second reason may be wear of the heating element Rings or TEN of an oven – they are not subject to repair, they are only exchanged for new devices. There is also such an option: the indicators are on, but there is no heating of the burners and oven heating elements, why is this happening? In this case, it is necessary to understand without haste. At first, everything should be visually inspected: whether all connections are tightened as necessary, whether the cable has moved away, or whether there is a melting of the PVC protection, indicating burning of the core. In this case, make the connection again, removing the burned area.
The third, fairly common reason – it can break switch so the hob or oven just won’t turn on.
Important! You should not try to disassemble the switch, then it will be difficult to install all the springs in their original place, for this you need skill and great experience. If you have determined that this particular device is the culprit, just replace it, you can easily buy a similar model in the store.
Failures in the oven
Often in the electric stove. only the oven does not work . In this case, the most common malfunction – no backlight Inside the device, as a rule, there are two reasons.
- There is no wire contact with the lighting system; check the button responsible for turning on the backlight, in case of breakage, replace it.
- A light bulb burns out: the cover protects it from heat, but they are arranged in such a way that they often burn out due to the lower voltage drop.
When a short circuit occurs in the kitchen electrical system, the first lamps in the oven burn out.
In order to better distribute the heat in the oven over the entire area, the designers installed a powerful fan, which may sometimes not work properly: it rotates continuously or does not turn on at all. This type of breakdown is related to the control unit therefore it is useless to carry out the repairs yourself: we need the right diagnostic equipment to install, change the fan or the unit accurately.
No heat TEN
When the oven of the electric stove heats up slightly, the main reason lies in the health of the heater. These products, as well as the heating elements in the hob, cannot be repaired; replacement is required. Sometimes, which happens very rarely, combustion thermostat that regulates the temperature inside the device: it is disassembled and a new one is installed.
Such a failure is very rare – the hostess turns on the oven, and the product immediately turns off completely. When the circuit breaker in the electrical panel is checked, it turns out that it turned off the power supply of the product; there may be a short circuit, the heater needs to be changed.
When the electric stove does not work. with induction hob then the main switch or special fuse could be the reason for this: it blows when the voltage rises, turning off the entire electrical circuit For various reasons, the contacts between the control unit and the power supply board or between it and the touch panel may not turn on due to oxidation or the formation of carbon deposits. Only a specialist can understand all the difficulties; here you need to change the burner block or touch control panel.
Poor heating of the surface of an induction hob of an electric cooker can occur because the bottom of the cookware is much smaller than the diameter of the latter, or there is not enough contact: dishes with a deformed bottom. The smart rings do not get hot in this case. To troubleshoot, you need to use only special dishes that are suitable for induction cookers.
Another reason for poor heating is the loose fit of the burner block on the inside of the ceramic hob. In this case, it is necessary. adjust the pressure device springs This can occur with severe overheating of the induction winding, which occurs very rarely.
The burner does not work
Very often, such problems in the operation of induction burners are caused by the fault of the user:
- the diameter of the bottom of the plate must be at least 12 cm; This will ensure a sufficient area of contact with the cooking surface;
- The thickness of the bottom should be in the range of 2-6 mm;
- First, select the burner, put the dishes on it, and then adjust the power of the cooking mode.
If you run operational rules and use the recommended dishes, the reason for the failure may be as follows:
- temperature sensor out of service;
- no heat on the left pair of burners; its connection to the power board and the control unit is broken;
- when the same thing happens with the correct unit – there is no contact in the terminal box, you need to check the fuse; if it’s blown, install a new one.